It's a funny thing...

It's a funny thing that when I started fly fishing it was all about trout and then salmon and wouldn't care less about pike or any other lake fish. Now I spend most of my fishing time here in Finland fishing for pike or any other fish that will bite my fly on the local lake's. Maybe it's just that when you've travelled all over the world fishing for various species you start looking at your local fishing differently? The quality of the trout rivers here in southern Finland is so poor that I just don't have a lot of intrest to fish them and when I do fish them it has to be done in the "off-season" to avoid the crowds. By "off-season" I mean the time when the rivers have not been stocked lately.

Fortunately I haven't lost intrest in Atlantic salmon fishing. It is still a sport that really excites me. There's just something special about it. I just hope that in the future there will still be places to do that hobby, because it's getting harder and harder every year to get licences to intresting rivers. Well, we will see how it goes.

It's also funny that before I just viewed casting as a part of fishing and would only "practice" my cast while fishing. Now a days practicing my casting is a big part of the big picture and I do it almost as often as fishing. It really is funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beast

"The material is called Nayat or Snow Runner"

Top-5 products of the year